Grilled Sausage with Arugula Pesto
Save any extra pesto to use on other grilled meats or fish. It will last up to one week in the refrigerator.
Photography: Anna Williams
Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 1 bunch arugula (about 4 ounces), stems trimmed, washed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 assorted Italian pork sausages (about 1 pound), both hot and sweet varieties
- Make the pesto: Place the arugula and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down sides if necessary. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and puree until smooth and well combined.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Prick sausages with fork to allow excess fat to drip. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve pesto over the grilled sausages.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.