- One 8-inch round loaf focaccia
- 1/4 cup artichoke-lemon pesto
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, patted dry (one 8-ounce jar)
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup prepared black-olive tapenade
- 4 ounces prosciutto, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Marinated artichoke hearts, drained, for garnish
- Assorted olives, for garnish
- Slice focaccia horizontally into three even layers. Using an offset spatula, spread artichoke-lemon pesto evenly over bottom layer. Top with peppers and three tablespoons basil pesto. Cover with middle bread layer; spread with an even layer of tapenade. Top with prosciutto, basil, and final bread layer.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat mascarpone and remaining basil pesto until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an offset spatula, spread mascarpone cheese mixture evenly over cake. Transfer to a serving platter. Place in refrigerator until very firm, at least one hour or overnight. Remove from refrigerator; garnish with prosciutto, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, and basil.
Using store-bought ingredients makes this cake a cinch to prepare. The pestos, tapenade, peppers, and artichokes can be found at a local gourmet food shop or in the prepared-foods section of your supermarket. You may substitute more basil pesto for the artichoke-lemon pesto, if desired.