- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- Mix ground pecans with flour and salt, and add to butter mixture. Beat, beginning on low speed and increasing to medium, until combined, about 1 minute.
- Lightly flour palms, if necessary, and roll dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake until just brown on edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheet while still warm; sift confectioners' sugar over tops.