Cucumber and Radish Pickles
These sweet and spicy pickles are ready to eat in just 24 hours. The recipe comes from chef Joey Campanaro of Kenmare.Also try: "The Chicken" from Kenmare, Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Salad
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 2 cups seasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 kirby cucumbers, sliced and/or quartered
- 3 breakfast radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan bring 2 cups water, vinegar, sugar, salt, chili paste, and coriander seeds to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place cucumbers and radishes in a medium heatproof container; pour hot liquid over cucumbers and radishes; weigh down with a plate to submerge. Cover and transfer to refrigerator until chilled, at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
- Drain and toss with cilantro leaves. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.