This sazerac drink recipe is courtesy of Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan, authors of "In the Land of Cocktails."
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- 1 tablespoon Absinthe
- 2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Sazerac rye or Old Overholt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan's Simple Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/284136/simple-syrup)
- 4 to 5 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 lemon twist, white pith removed, for garnish
- Pour Absinthe into a rocks glass; swirl to coat. Pour out any excess Absinthe; fill glass with ice to chill.
- Place rye, simple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Discard ice from rocks glass and strain rye mixture into glass. Rub rim of glass with lemon twist and add to cocktail; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.