Prepare baked rhubarb using this simple recipe from "Martha Stewart's Quick Cook Menus" for a tasty seasonal dessert. Stalks can be found at farmers' markets and grocery stores from late winter to early spring, with a peak season from April to June.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut in pieces, plus more for baking dish
- 8 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Sugar (http://www.marthastewart.com/263788/vanilla-sugar)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Creme fraiche, for serving
- Butter a 10 1/2-inch shallow, round baking dish. Add rhubarb to baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup vanilla sugar; let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar over rhubarb and dot with butter; transfer to oven and bake until rhubarb is almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour cream around rhubarb and continue to bake 5 minutes more. Serve warm with creme fraiche.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.