Red Lettuce Salad
Late of "Saturday Night Live," Ana Gasteyer joined Martha to make a red lettuce salad with roasted shallot vinaigrette.
- 2 blood or navel oranges
- 1 pound mixed lettuces, such as red leaf, red butter, lola rosa, red oak, or treviso, washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, thinly sliced crosswise
- Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/257005/roasted-shallot-vinaigrette)
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- Using a paring knife, remove peel, pith, and outer membranes from oranges. Carefully cut each segment away from membranes, collecting juice and segments in a bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice from membranes before discarding. Drain segments, and set aside, reserving juice for another use.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces and radicchio; toss with vinaigrette. Transfer to a serving platter, top with reserved orange segments, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.