Deep-Dish Pizza Dough
Allowing the dough to rise overnight ensures a perfect crust every time.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 cups flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for coating
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, place water, sugar, and yeast, letting dissolve 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the water/yeast mixture in thirds. Before the last addition, add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of flour on a countertop and knead bread until smoother. Transfer the dough to a bowl coated with olive oil. Turn dough to coat in oil. Cover and let rise overnight in the refrigerator.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.