Strawberries with Mint Whipped Cream
You can also try the mint syrup (step 1) to sweeten iced tea or lemonade. For a bracing cocktail, add a splash to a glass filled with seltzer, vodka, and lemon.
Everyday Food, May 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packed cups fresh mint leaves and stems, coarsely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Make syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, mint, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil. Remove from heat; steep 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids. Let cool (makes about 1/4 cup).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in 1/4 cup syrup (store any remaining syrup); if needed, re-whip cream to stiffen.
- Starting with strawberries, spoon alternating layers of strawberries and cream into four serving glasses. Top each with a mint sprig.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.