- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 can (15-ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch allspice
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil. Cook in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool in foil.
- When cool, cut each head in half horizontally, and squeeze cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth. Add up to 2 tablespoons water if mixture is too thick.
Hummus can be refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 3 days.