Bibb Lettuce Salad with Horseradish Dressing
The vinaigrette and hard-cooked eggs can be made ahead to cut down on day-of prep time.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large heads Bibb lettuce, torn into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Place eggs in a small pot, and cover with cold water by 1 1/2 inches. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Cover, and let stand for 12 minutes. Rinse with cold water, peel, and chop.
- Combine horseradish, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter,
sprinkle with chopped egg, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.