Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes
Freshly chopped chives add a subtle onion flavor to this dish.
Mad Hungry, May 2011
- 6 Idaho or russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for cooking potatoes
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water to 2 inches above potatoes. Season water generously with salt and bring potatoes to a boil to cook for 40 minutes, until very tender.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with warm milk until smooth. Fold in mascarpone and chives. Season with 1 teaspoon salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.