- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Bring cream and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sugars and corn syrup, and heat, stirring, until sugars dissolve. Whisk in cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chocolate, and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Use immediately, or keep warm in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Serve hot fudge over ice cream.
Sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Warm before using.