Desmond's Rum Punch
Desmond Young, a 50-year-veteran bartender at Jamaica's Strawberry Hill resort, uses two kinds of rum in his signature drink -- a dark variety and a potent white rum that, at 126 proof, adds a real kick to this cocktail.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce overproof white rum
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 2 drops angostura bitters
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 fresh sugarcane swizzle stick
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine lime juice, both rums, bitters, ice, and 1/4 cooled sugar syrup in a large cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine. Pour into a glass. Garnish with swizzle stick.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.