Iceberg Lettuce with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Salad is easy when you don't have to chop, shred,
or tear any greens. Just quarter a head of iceberg
lettuce, and top with a zesty blue cheese vinaigrette.
Martha Stewart Living, August 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered into wedges
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Pour in
oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until
emulsified. Whisk in half the blue cheese. Season with salt.
- Arrange lettuce wedges on a platter. Drizzle with
vinaigrette. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, and
season with pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.