Serve this fresh salsa as a topping for tortilla chips or as a condiment for grilled steak or shrimp.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, diced small (2/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together
tomatoes, white onion, jalapeno, garlic,
and fresh lime juice. Season with coarse salt
and ground pepper and stir to combine.
Let sit at least 15 minutes (or, covered,
up to 4 hours). Stir in cilantro leaves just before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.