Nesting Noodle Rice Pilaf
Clusters of tagliatelle noodles are nestled into Arborio rice and mushrooms, making it easy to serve up individual portions.
Mad Hungry, April 2011
- Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups Arborio rice
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound tagliatelle nests
- In a large, 14-inch skillet (with a lid) saute the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon salt in 2 tablespoons butter until liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms become nut brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add shallots and another tablespoon butter in the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, salt, and the rice, stirring to coat and lightly toasting the rice for about 3 minutes. Meanwhile bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Make several holes in the rice and nestle in the noodle nests. Fit in as many nest as space will allow. Pour oven the hot chicken stock and cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes, until rice is tender and noodles are cooked through.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.