Thai Green Curry
Try this sweet green curry dish from chef Jamie Oliver's cookbook "Jamie's Food Revolution" for dinner tonight.
Photo credit: David Loftus and Chris Terry
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves discarded, crushed
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 3 fresh green chiles, halved and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 8 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 large bunch asparagus, julienned
- 1 lime
- Chopped red chile, for garnish
- Cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Using the heel of your hand, crush lemongrass and add to the bowl of a food processor along with scallions, green chiles, garlic, ginger, cilantro, coriander seeds, and lime leaves. Process until finely chopped. With the processor running, add soy and fish sauce. Continue processing until a smooth paste is formed.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat and add peanut and sesame oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add coconut milk and asparagus; stir to combine. Cook until heated through, about 3 1/2 minutes. Squeeze lime over curry and garnish with cilantro leaves and red chile; serve with rice.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.