Quick Purple Tomatillo Sauce
Martha Stewart Living, March 2006
- 10 small purple or green tomatillos, about 10 ounces total, husked and washed
- 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Put tomatillos in a medium saucepan; cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook 4 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Process tomatillos, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, salt, and 1/4 cup liquid in a blender until a slightly chunky sauce forms, adding more liquid as needed.
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.