Martha's Sandwich with Bitter Greens
This bitter green sandwich recipe is courtesy of Martha and is very easy to make using a microwave.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2005
- 1/2 pound bitter greens, such as kale, dandelion, or sorrel
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- Butter, softened
- 3 or 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Dash of Saison seasoning, from Goya
- Wash greens and shred by hand; remove and discard any tough stems. Place in a small microwavable bowl and season with salt. Microwave on high until wilted, about 30 seconds; remove from bowl and set aside.
- To the same bowl, add oil and garlic. Microwave on high until garlic is softened, add wilted greens.
- Meanwhile, lightly butter bread, top bread with greens. Place cheese over greens. Season with salt, pepper, and Saison. Transfer to a brown paper bag, and place in microwave. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.