This baked pasta dish is a simple meal you can quickly make and serve any day of the week.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 pound imported conchiglie rigate (shells)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes in heavy puree
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano (1 1/2 ounces), plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded fontina (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced scallion, for garnish
- Coarse salt
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 4 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cream, tomatoes, mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, fontina, Gorgonzola, ricotta, 1/4 teaspoon salt and basil in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide among 6 to 8 individual, shallow, ceramic gratin dishes (1 1/2 to 2 cup capacity). Dot with butter and bake until bubbly and brown on top, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano and scallions. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.