Fresh ginger adds sharpness and complexity to classic margaritas in this refreshing cocktail recipe from Jean Georges bartender Peter Okkerse.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- Salt mixture from <u>Ginger-Lime Base</u>
- 2 lime wedges
- 3/4 ounce <u>Ginger-Lime Base</u> liquid
- 1 1/2 ounces anejo tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- Place salt mixture in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with one of the lime wedges and dip in salt mixture to coat; set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, ginger-lime base liquid, and Cointreau; shake to combine and strain into prepared glass. Squeeze remaining lime wedge over glass and add to cocktail. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.