Baked Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Breadcrumbs
Try this recipe from talented chef Eric Ripert for a delicious new way to eat your vegetables.
The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small, ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and halved
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place breadcrumbs, olive oil, basil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process, adding water as necessary to create a smooth paste; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomatoes and zucchini in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; season with salt and pepper and spread breadcrumb mixture over vegetables. Transfer to oven and bake until vegetables are softened and breadcrumbs are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.