Use this recipe to make our Five-Grain Salad.Recipes by Emeril Lagasse, from "Farm to Fork," HarperStudio, New York, 2010, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- 1 cup vegetable stock or canned low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Combine the stock, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the quinoa, cover the pan, and reduce the heat. Simmer the quinoa until all the liquid has been absorbed, 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and use as desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.