Use this recipe to make our Five-Grain Salad.Recipes by Emeril Lagasse, from "Farm to Fork," HarperStudio, New York, 2010, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- 1 cup amaranth seeds
- 1 cup vegetable stock or canned low-sodium vegetable broth
- Pinch of salt
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the amaranth. Toast until it begins to pop, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While the amaranth is cooking, bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the amaranth and the salt to the stock. Cover the pan, reduce the heat, and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside, still covered, to steam for 7 minutes.
- Pour the amaranth into a bowl and use as desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.