Cilantro-Grilled Shrimp with Sesame Cabbage
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 cups (1 head) napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 32 medium shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Asian Cilantro Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/337260/asian-cilantro-sauce)
- Heat grill to high. In a large bowl, toss cabbage with canola oil, lime juice, and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread shrimp on 8 skewers. Place in a shallow dish; toss with 1/4 cup Asian Cilantro Sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the shrimp skewers with sesame cabbage, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro sauce, and lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.