Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
This quick-and-easy dessert is lighter than traditional cheesecake, since it calls for ricotta instead of cream cheese.
Martha Bakes, February 2011
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Set rack in the middle of the oven.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-2-inch springform pan and tap out excess flour. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, sift sugar and flour.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and zest and whisk until smooth. Add sugar and flour mixture and gently mix to combine.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the center of the oven for about 55 to 60 minutes, until a light golden color. Make sure the center is fairly firm and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator until chilled, at least 2 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.