Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow’s Fish Stock
This fish stock recipe is from "Spain: A Culinary Road Trip," featuring Mario Batali with Gwyneth Paltrow, and is used to make Fideos with Seafood.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2008
Yield Makes about 4 quarts
- 3 pounds fish scraps from non-oily fish, such as heads and tails from rockfish
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Skim off foam and discard. Reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for 25 minutes, skimming off foam as necessary. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.