Baby Fennel and Red Grapefruit Salad
This healthy and refreshing salad is courtesy of chef Chris Bianco.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 4 to 6 large red grapefruit, peeled
- 6 to 8 small heads of fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup whole parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional)
- Using a serrated knife, cut grapefruit into 4 sections, setting tough centers aside. Cut each section in half crosswise and add to a large bowl along with sliced fennel and parsley.
- Squeeze juice from reserved grapefruit centers over grapefruit, fennel, and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and season with fleur de sel and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle with bee pollen, if using. Salad is best served when chilled.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.