Heart-Shaped Raspberry Napoleons
This delicious recipe for heart-shaped raspberry Napoleons, a perfect Valentine's Day dessert, is from chef John Barricelli.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 1/2 pound frozen puff pastry, preferably all butter, thawed
- Pastry Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/281018/pastry-cream)
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place puff pastry on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and poke holes all over surface using the tines of a fork; top with a second piece of parchment paper. Place 2 baking sheets on top of parchment paper to weigh down; transfer to oven. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove puff pastry from oven and uncover; let cool completely. Using a 3 1/4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut six hearts from puff pastry, reserving scraps.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip with pastry cream. Place 1 heart-shaped piece of puff on each of two dessert plates. Pipe pastry cream over the surface of each heart, almost to the edge. Place raspberries around the perimeter of the pastry cream. Top each with a second puff pastry heart and repeat process. Top each with a third puff pastry heart.
- Crumble a little of the reserved puff pastry scraps and top Napoleons with crumbs. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and pipe a little pastry cream in the center of each. Top with a raspberry and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.