Lemon-Poppy Seed Glazed Balls
This recipe for lemon-poppy seed glazed balls can be found in Martha Stewart's "Season's Eatings," along with Basic Shortbread Cookie,
Chocolate-Glazed Shortbread Fingers,
Black-and-White Triangles and Candied Ginger Shortbread Wedges.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2008
- Yield Makes about 3 dozen balls
- 1 recipe Basic Shortbread (http://www.marthastewart.com/283387/basic-shortbread)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Prepare basic shortbread, and roll into 1-inch balls; refrigerate 20 minutes. Bake on a cookie sheet until firm and just starting to color, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar, cream, and lemon juice until well combined and smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Dip top half of cooled shortbread balls into glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet to set.
If not using the glaze immediately, refrigerate, tightly covered, up to two days; bring to room temperature before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.