Sweet Cinnamon Flatbread
This delicious sweet cinnamon flatbread recipe is courtesy of Jennifer Behar, owner of Jennifer's Homemade.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2007
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour, plus more for work surface
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fill a small bowl with water; sprinkle over yeast. Let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Stir yeast mixture and add to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment along with, salt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and flour-cinnamon mixture. Mix until a dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a large bowl and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Keep in a warm place and let rise until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and then with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator for at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. With racks in center of oven. Remove dough from refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Cut dough in half. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured work surface. Using the tines of a fork, poke holes in dough. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut dough into 2-by-7-inch rectangles; transfer rectangles to baking sheets.
- Mix together remaining 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush the top of each rectangle with remaining 1/2 cup olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake until browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.