Nasturtium leaves and stems add fresh peppery flavor to chef David Kinch's homemade pesto, which serves as a garnish for his Nasturtium Risotto.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 2 cups nasturtium leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced nasturtium stems
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; prepare an ice-water bath and set aside. Add nasturtium leaves to boiling water; cook for 10 seconds. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Place leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and oil in the jar of a blender; blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and fold in stems and cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.