Creamed Corn with Jalapenos
If you don't want this dish too spicy, use only the flesh of the jalapenos and discard the seeds, which hold most of the heat in the pepper.
Mad Hungry, February 2011
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (discard seeds for less heat)
- 2 10-ounce bags corn kernels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a heated large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and jalapeno. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 bag of corn in food processor or blender. Add pureed corn and remaining frozen corn to pan. Add cream, water, and cheese. Stir and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.