Using store-bought pound cake and lemon curd for this dish is a guaranteed time-saver. This trifle can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator until it's ready to be served.
Mad Hungry, December 2010
- 3 pints raspberries
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large or 2 small store-bought pound cakes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups lemon curd
- 24 ounces frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- In a food processor, puree 1 pint of raspberries and strain through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the pulp.
- Whip heavy cream and slowly add sugar until the cream is silken. Add vanilla extract and raspberry puree and continue whipping, just until combined and soft peaks form.
- Layer half of the pound cake in the bottom of a large trifle dish. Spread half of the lemon curd over the pound cake. Top the lemon curd with half of the peaches and one pint of raspberries. Dollop half of the whipped cream over the fruit and spread gently.
- Repeat layers, reserving a few peaches and raspberries for garnish. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.