Striped Ice Cream Cake
Before layering the ice cream and sorbets, beat them (separately) with a mixer until softened. They'll be easier to spread.
Photography: Ditte Isager
Martha Stewart Living, July 2010
- <u>Angel Food Sheet Cake</u>
- 1 cup blueberry jam
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pints raspberry sorbet, softened
- 1 pint peach sorbet, softened
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with plastic wrap. Place half the baked angel food cake in bottom of dish. Spread jam over top. Spread ice cream over jam. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Spread raspberry sorbet over ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Spread peach sorbet over raspberry layer; top with remaining angel food cake. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze overnight.
- Remove plastic from top of cake, and turn out cake onto a cutting board; unwrap, and trim edges. Slice cake, and serve immediately.
Uncut cake can be frozen for up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.