Make this gravy from Hot and Hot Fish Club chef Chris Hastings with drippings from his Heritage Turkey.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- Roasting pan with turkey drippings (from <u>Heritage Turkey with Oyster Dressing</u>)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey giblets (from <u>Turkey Stock</u>)
- 1 turkey liver, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups warm <u>Turkey Stock</u>
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Set roasting pan across two burners over medium heat. When drippings begin to simmer, whisk in flour and cook, whisking, for 3 minutes. Add thyme, giblets, and liver, and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup stock and whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Continue adding stock, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking, until all the stock has been added. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.