Photo: Con Poulos
Can't decide between hummus and guacamole? Have it both ways in this bright, creamy dip.
Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, and avocado. Process until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, then add lemon juice, and then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges and tortilla chips.
This Reader Recipe is from Catherine Teniente, San Antonio, Texas.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.