Chicken stock and butter help to give this dish's sauce its smooth, creamy consistency.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1/2 pound campanelle pasta (or other short macaroni)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- In the small, deep skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic. Stir for 30 seconds and add the tomato paste. Continue to stir for 2 minutes and stir in the chicken stock. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce to coat. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.