Roasted Potato Hash
This side dish goes well with steak, meatloaf, burgers, or eggs.
Photography: Con Poulos
Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1 pound russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, diced medium
- 1 medium white onion, diced medium
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced medium
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with rack in lower third. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together potatoes, onion, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables in a single layer and roast until onion begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper to sheet. Toss and roast until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife and pepper is soft, about 13 minutes. To serve, sprinkle vegetables with chives.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.