Trout is full of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for good cardiovascular health.
Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- Lightly toast the almonds in a saute pan. Reserve. Combine the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small, flat dish. Pour the milk into another one. Place the trout fillets in the milk.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Dredge the fillets in the flour mixture on both sides. Add to the pan and increase heat. Put the garlic cloves in the pan and swirl it around.
- Turn the trout after 2 minutes and remove the garlic (you don't want it to brown). Cook until the fish is cooked through and lightly golden brown, about 1 or 2 more minutes. Scatter the almonds over top. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.