- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and garlic. With the machine running, slowly pour the olive oil in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube. The mixture will emulsify into a mayonnaise. Add the herbs, and process to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the aioli to a small bowl, cover, and keep refrigerated.
Raw eggs should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, the elderly, or anyone whose health is compromised.