Bread with Herb Butter
Creamy herb butter is simple to make and store; roll the extra butter in waxed paper and freeze to use on bread, veggies, or fish at a later date.
Mad Hungry, October 2010
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- A few tablespoons parsley, chopped
- A few tablespoons oregano, chopped
- 1 baguette
- Combine unsalted butter, parsley, and oregano to make the herb butter. Make a slit in the baguette 3/4 of the way through, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spread some herb butter into each of the openings between the slices.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap the baguette in aluminum foil and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.