- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or other spicy chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 rack pork spare ribs, cut into thirds lengthwise
- Coarse salt
- <u>Napa Cabbage Slaw</u>
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a food processor, pulse ketchup, hoisin, sambal oelek, vinegar, scallions, and ginger until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season ribs with salt and coat both sides with sauce. Roast, bone side down, until ribs are tender but not falling off the bone, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cut into single ribs and serve with slaw.
An Asian glaze is a fun change of pace from a standard spice rub.