Make this wonderful seafood chowder recipe for a delicious hearty meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 1/4 pound salt pork, cut into 1/8-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 quarts Fish Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/281012/fish-stock)
- 4 cups peeled russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound (about 30) shelled, deveined shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2 pounds Manila clams
- 1 pound cod, skin and bones removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add salt pork and cook for 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a medium Dutch-oven over low heat. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, until soft. Add fish stock and bay leaves, and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp, clams, and fish, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; add to Dutch-oven. Season chowder with cayenne, salt, and white pepper. Serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.