This recipe for chocolate icing is courtesy of chef Sebastien Rouxel from Bouchon Bakery and is used to make delicious Cupid Cakes.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- Yield Makes enough for 12 cupid cakes
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (80 percent), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water; stir in oil and remove from heat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix on low until well combined. Add chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.