This meringue is used for Pavlova. It will produce a meringue that is crisp on
the outside and chewy on the inside.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1996/1997
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip, first on low speed, then slowly progressing to high speed, until soft peaks form, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Slowly sprinkle the sugar a little at a time over the egg-white mixture, and whip until glossy peaks are formed, about 3 minutes.
- Sift the cornstarch over the meringue, and fold in. Use meringue immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.