Make these roasted peppers, adapted from chef Tom Colicchio's 'wichcraft restaurant, to top his Chicken Breast with Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella Panini.
Photo Credit: Bill Bettencourt
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- Yield Makes 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Char peppers over an open flame (on the stove or a grill) until skin is blistered and charred. Transfer to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap; let peppers steam and cool slightly.
- Once peppers are cool enough to touch, rub skin off using a clean paper towel. Remove stems and seeds. Slice peppers lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Place peppers in a large bowl along with garlic, rosemary, basil, and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Use immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.