Chef Bill Taibe's sweet-and-savory shallot jam is a perfect complement to his Whipped Chicken Livers on toasted bread.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 10 shallots, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vincotto
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until shallots are golden, about 3 minutes. Add sugar and cook, stirring, until bubbling and carmelized. Add both vinegars and cook until thickened.
- Stir in vincotto and remove from heat. Remove thyme sprigs and discard. Let cool before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.