This recipe for sauteed artichokes is courtesy of chef Eric Ripert and is used to make his Arugula and Baby Artichoke Salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, March Spring 2008
- 2 lemons
- 8 baby artichokes, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- Pinch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a medium bowl with cold water. Squeeze the juice of two lemons into the water and add the lemon halves.
- Thinly slice artichokes lengthwise using a mandoline, placing them in lemon water as you slice. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drain artichokes and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and add to skillet; cook, stirring until golden.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 30 seconds. Add pistachios and sprinkle with Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.